What Incentives are Available?
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLR) provides up to $120,000 for the repayment of outstanding educational loans to veterinarians. HPLR is paid annually over three years at $40,000 minus taxes.
Who is Eligible?
- Direct Commissioning is offered to all graduates of American Veterinary Medical Association accredited schools. You must be a U.S. citizen to be commissioned. The maximum age is 42 at time of accession.
What are the Entitlements?
- Appointments are made to the grade of Captain, unless the selectee is qualified for a higher grade. Constructive credit will be given for time in practice or other experience which may qualify the selectee for a higher grade.
- Prior service individuals may also qualify for a higher grade and/or pay rate.
What is the Obligation?
- Participants will incur an initial active duty obligation of three years.
For general questions regarding service in the Army Veterinary Corps, contact the Corps Chief's Office by e-mail or call 210-221-8149.