To Be Eligible for Service in the U.S. Army Veterinary Corps You Must:
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Be a graduate of an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited school of veterinary medicine, or, if a graduate of a non-accredited foreign veterinary school, successfully complete certification by the Education Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG).
- Be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in at least one state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or a U.S. Territory. New graduates may be allowed up to one year following graduation to acquire a license.
- The maximum age is 42 years at time of accession.
- Meet eligibility requirements, to include a medical fitness examination and background security checks.
For general questions regarding service in the Army Veterinary Corps, contact the Corps Chief's Office by e-mail or call 210-221-8149.